Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Stressful Week!

So.. you maybe wondering what is this heck of a story I have to tell.. I had my annual echocardiogram with my cardiologist June 12 the day before I wrote my previous blog. I had to switch my cardiologist this year due to my insurance not being in network. The doctor looked at my echo and nearly scared me to death. She basically said that my heart was severely leaking and that she wants to talk about going ahead and getting my aortic valve replaced and my mitro valve repaired. Well my friends, if I were to get my valved replaced (more than likely to a mechanical valve) I would have to go a blood thinner for the rest of my life. The blood thinner will cause major birth defects if you were to get pregnant. My worst fear was becoming true, to not be able to have kids.


It was a very stressful weekend, my appointment was on a Friday, so I had to wait out the longest weekend ever to go to my original cardiologist to have a second opinion. Well to save all the drama... My pediatric cardiologist said there was not a significant change in my heart looking at the previous 3 echos to this year. She said that it probably would not hurt to go through and get a TEE just to be safe all around before getting pregnant (we aren't trying right not..FYI) Although it has made me think I do not want to wait too much longer because eventually I will have to have this valve replaced. 

I am just very thankful that it was just a scare, but I think this past week shortened my lifespan by 5 years by stressing out over it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment