The other day, hubby mentioned how we are on Brynlee's schedule and not ours anymore. We were wanting to sleep in and B let us know otherwise. Which made me think how much life has changed since becoming parents.
- There are many reasons why I am sooooo happy to be a girl mom, one being I get to live out my childhood again! Yes that is right, the inner 6 year old Dalyn enjoyed Valentines Day this year by buying little Minnie Mouse Valentines and sending them out to all her "friends" at day care! I also have found myself with Disney Junior on more so for me than for B haha. I may have or may not have DVRed every Sophia the 1st episode!
- I have learned that back pack diaper bags are the way to go, at least for me who basically totes around an infant by herself the majority of the time. It frees up both hands not to mention there are some cute Vera Bradley back packs! Here is mine!

- I didn't know that I would be so comfortable using a nasal aspirator (snot sucker). Or in general how much I would pick at my own child like a monkey would do to their young. I pick wax from her ears, snot from her nose, etc.
- I didn't know about cheese neck until she was about 2 weeks old and I learned the hard way, who knew under those little neck rolls milk could get trapped in.
- I cannot walk out the groceries, Target, Walgreens etc without getting B something whether it be a teether or an outfit I just can't help it!
- I didn't realize how often I would be going to the pediatrician. Hello RSV, pneunomia, ear infections, breathing treatments and chest xrays. I don't think I have blogged about all of this.
- Even though my eyes are heavy in the morning and I want just 5 more minutes of sleep, when I look at my smiling squealing girl next to me (co-sleeper holla!) the biggest smile comes across my face!
- I didn't plan on co-sleeping and I know it's controversial, but I will say for now I love it as much as she does, we both get 8-9 hrs of consecutive sleep and I love having a snuggle buddy. (Hubby does not get to bed til about 3 am thanks to his work schedule). And yes I know or I have heard how hard it is to break, but we will cross that bridge when we get there.
- This could go on forever, but lastly I didn't realize how much of a sentimental sap I would become after becoming a mother. PMS and pregnancy has nothing on being a momma. I have cried over so many small things that just aren't so small in my eyes. The day she lost her umbilical cord I cried like a baby, it was something that connected her to me and I cried over her losing it. Say What?! Haha The day she sat up for the first time unassisted I cried, pretty much any milestone she has brought a tear to my eyes. I never realized how much love I can have for another human being. Becoming a mother brings a sense of purpose in my life that I have longed for. Those are a few things that I have learned since I became a mother...
No comments:
Post a Comment