Saturday, August 7, 2010

Cookout!


So yesterday, we hosted our first cookout get together. It turned really nice! Thursday Jake and I went grocery shopping and got odds and ins things for our dinner. He bought deck lights which really made our deck look good at night! I felt like we were somewhere on a vacation! We invited over two couples, the guys were in our wedding and their girlfriend & fiance are so sweet!
(Chad & Theresa..They are getting married in Oct!)

(Our bestman Eric & April)


I made chinese coleslaw which I think turned out really good!





The Recipe


Ingredients:
1 bag of coleslaw mix)
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup slivered almonds
2 packages of beef ramen noodles
2 bunches of green onions chopped


Dressing:
1 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup vinegar (red wine vinegar tastes better!)
2 seasoning packets from your noodles


Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Combine the dressing ingredients and pour over your coleslaw mix. Refrigerate, which will allow your coleslaw to absorb the flavor.

I also did another party favorite which was sausage con queso!

The Recipe

1 box of velvetta cheese
1 package of sausage
1 can of rotel tomatoes
16 oz of salsa

First brown your sausage on a frying pan. Cut your cheese into cubes.Open can of rotel tomatoes and pour into pan first. Add cubed cheese. Let it melt for a while. Then mix the salsa in the pan. Lastly add sausage! I made it on the stove then pour it into the crock pot for it stay warm!



Jake made some awesome burgers & dogs! Theresa brought fries (Jakes request) mac & cheese & some brownies! :) I hate that I didn't take pics :( that is very unlike me! The pic that I did take earlier in the day is of my Mollys pretty little haircut for the cookout :)

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment