Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sick Days :(

So this week I have felt sicker than a dog!! :( Tuesday at work I felt like I had a little "tickle in my throat" that night I had my bestie come over for our usual Tuesday night together, side note we have decided to start our own book club! Ha We haven't decided what to read first though :(  Anyway back to my horrible condition that I am in. Wednesday I woke up feverish and my voice was going in and out, throat still hurting. I got to leave work early though, had a hair appointment! :) Then Thursday I finally got word that we did not have to go into work due to the ice storm! Thank God! Because I felt like I was knocking on deaths door! For the most part of the day I just laid around while hubs was outside shoveling our driveway and de-icing our cars! Later that night I had him take me to the immediate care center I knew that I had strep throat and they would write me a prescription and all of this would be in the past.

Well unfortunately I was there waiting for the most part of 2 hours and the diagnosis is a viral upper respiratory infection in which you just have to "tough it out" ---> Awesome... So Friday I went into work and felt like I could get nothing accomplished. I still had a pretty hoarse voice and of course I answer phones so that was kind of miserable. Luckily Friday's we can get out of the office early. So I came home around 4:30 and went to bed with a temperature of 101.7, hubs woke me up at 11 to check on me. I hated that our 2 days together consisted of me sleeping! We were supposed to do our Christmas shopping! Fortunately I was able to do that yesterday, although it was by myself, I pretty much knew what I wanted to get everyone!

I hope everyone had a good weekend, let's pray that I get my voice back soon because this is getting really old!!

2 comments: