Saturday, May 14, 2011

Scary Friday the 13th!

To start off, I am kind of a superstitious person. But I never have felt that way about Friday the 13th, I have actually always thought they were special days because it doesn't happen too often. Well yesterday was my first bad Friday the 13th. I came home from work to my hubby mowing the grass (what a good hubby I have..) Anyway I walked into the house and hear my Bella (our kitty cat) meowing loudly. I just thought hubby closed her door so she couldn't get out of her room (yes she has a room). To my surprise the door was open, but she was still whaling. So I go into her room to discover her under her bed, she continues to cry. When I reached for her she started to move and that is when I noticed she was not putting any weight on her back right leg. My poor baby! I started freaking out and crying, I didn't know if Jake had come back into the house. I just yelled out his name while sobbing. He immediately came into the room, and through the tears I was able to say "I think Bella broke her leg and I think Molly did it." Ha poor Molly I just immediately thought she had to be involved.
 We finally got Bella in her traveling bag and headed out to the animal hospital. I pretty much sobbed the whole way, thinking that this was a death sentence for my beloved cat of 5 years. Hubby said if this is the way I am reacting to our pet then maybe we should rethink having kids, because if God forbid something happens I am going to go crazy. After two xrays a broken bone and fracture was ruled out, it appears the poor baby sprain her leg. So after a few hours we left with a sleeping cat (they had to knock her out for the xrays)

We have to give her pain meds every 4 hours or as needed.

Last night Bella got into our bed so Jake and Molly slept in another room where I could watch over my baby. This is the way Molly feels about me spending time in her sisters room without her. 


We also have a new system in the Whidby Household. Molly get to say hello to this spray bottle when she chases after Bella!

Today Bella has been extra affectionate, and has been using all 4 legs. She seems like she is recovering well! Thank God! I don't know what it feels like to be a parent, but these furbabies are my babies!


No comments:

Post a Comment