Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Quick Update

So I just wanted to update what is going on in my world. Needless to say, ever since my episode that landed me in the hospital for a 4 day stay I have been worried about how long I can keep baby girl in me. Yesterday, I had a follow up cardiologist appointment. My cardiologist did an echocardiogram and said that he has noticed a decrease in function in my heart since last visit (2 weeks ago). He said he wants me to now come in weekly and if my heart function worsens we will have to talk about inducing and having our baby early. He did say that he did not think that I will make it to full term (37 wks). 

I'm not going to lie, I am scared, nervous, upset and just pray that I can hold off as long as possible. Today I am 32 weeks and 4 days. I have to trust that it is in God's hands and all along he has known my plan and desire to be a mother. Before leaving the office I had to get hooked up to a 24 hr halter monitor. My cardiologist wants to review to see if I am having more palpations than what I am aware of. I will turning it in, in a few hours. I just pray that it doesn't look to crazy, because my next appointment is next Friday June 29, in which I will be 33 wks 6 days. 

We will have to see what happens week to week. I just pray that Brynlee remains to grow big and healthy and my heart keeps up with my growing body. Like I said before I always knew that having a baby there would be a risk. Especially with the extra demand pregnancy places on your heart. I really thought that I was going to bypass all the dangers after going 30 wks without any problems. I am however thankful that I have made it this far into the pregnancy where chances are better for my baby girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment