Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Years Resolutions

Can't believe it's 2014! I graduated high school in 2004. Yikes!! So with a new year brings new year resolutions. And I have many things I want to do to better myself/family. 

1. Clean up my diet: I have fallen into the fast food trap for the past 4 months and the scale is reflecting that. Yuck. I want to drop cokes all together and get back to water. And cook more. I have moved my iPod (yes circa 2006) in the kitchen. I love listening to music while cooking! (Usually 50's 60's 70's music) Makes me feel more domestic! haha. 

2. Read more! I don't think I read one book in 2013. Which is sad! I started Gone Girl this week. And it feels good to have a book to read! A good one at that!

3. Make a plan about B's education. Before you say wait she is only 17 months. I really want her to go to private schools like I did, and to do that we may need to join a parish connected to the school. Which poses the dilemma of hubby not being Catholic and not really wanting to join a parish, especially since we enjoy attending another church. I have realized how fast time really does go by and I don't want to wait til it's too late to make a plan. 

4. Have a family picture. Last year I had B's pictures taken at 9 months and 12 months. I would love to get one of the 3 of us. Although I want to be at least 20 lbs lighter. 

5. Date Nights. This is another sad one, in 17 months we have only had 4 date nights. We recently went out on hubbys birthday (12/26) and it was so nice to go to a restaurant and not worry about feeding another person and keeping her entertained. We definitely need more of these nights at least once a month, where we can "date" and not just be mommy and daddy. 

6. More Family Time. I am one of 5 siblings and I feel like we do not see each other that much besides holidays, birthdays, baptisms, etc. I think it would be fun to do a family game night here and there. As I get older you realize how precious family is and I want B to be surrounded by that! 

7. Get laundry done in a timely matter. Self explanatory. 

8. Pay off debt, all while being able to save and have a nice "cushion"

Yay for the new year! 



No comments:

Post a Comment