To make a long story short (haha I feel like I say that at the beginning of every story). My mom took my brother to this place for his ankle or heel or something pertaining to his foot. And she thought everyone at the office was really sweet. She had mentioned how I graduated with my exercise science degree and how I was looking to work somewhere in that field. This was back in May, well I don't know if you have been following my blog that long or not, but back in May I was in a CNA class (donation of $650 to the red cross basicallly) and planning our wedding. So this job opportunity did not sound very attractive.
Well as I have mention at the end of August I switched jobs from being a belt admin to a feeder dispatch admin. I am just really now getting used to the phone calls, computer system, lingo, yadda yadda. One thing about this job that I am really not wanting to do is during the coldest time of year I am still going to have to walk off trailers. That involves me and another person walking around UPS out in the snow, ice, rain, sleet, hail, etc. I did know about this part of the job walking into it but as the winter months get closer I am dreading it!
So with all that being said ( I can never make a story short- sorry) I remembered back to May when the office need a full time receptionist and thought that I would give them a call to see if they were still in need. Ok there are some pros and cons:
Pros
- 1st shift job
- Strictly office job
- No more leaving my hubs at nights
- Full time - hello real world
- Small office enviroment
- Somewhat pertains to my degree (physical therapy)
- Do not have to work on holidays
- If there is bad weather the office will close -UPS never shuts down ( how I totalled my first car- black ice)
- I am used to having all day free (1pm- 11 pm)
- Lose insurance benefits (still under hubs though)
- Further drive to work
- Adjusting to going to bed early and waking up early
- Taking a pay cut
Alright moving on...........
So last night was the season finale to Teen Mom. Can I say I am really going to miss that show. It just was a very realistic look into how teenage pregnancy can change everything. My favorite couple on there was Catelynn & Tyler. Of the four teenage moms they were the ones that chose adoption for their baby. I could not even begin to imagine giving up my own child. It is probably one of the most selfless acts a person can do. And they were 16 and mature enough to know they could not give their daughter a life that she deserves. So last night on the finale they got to meet their daughter for the first time since she was born (she is now 1 year old) It was the most adorable things I have seen. I cried pretty much the whole time when they show Catelynn & Tyler with their daughter, although they held it together and were strong because they knew she was in great hands. I don't know, I guess I am an emotional basketcase at times!
No comments:
Post a Comment