In Honor of Halloween approaching... Here are some fears that my crazy self has!
When Something Goes Boom in the Night
When driving at night, I always think that the car next to me when stopped at a light is going to gun me down. I know crazy right?? I try to avoid any eye contact with cars that are next to me, and actually if I am at the first to the light, I will keep edging my car forward where our cars do not line up. When the light turns green I will speed a head in hopes of not getting stopped with the person again. I do not know what has instilled this fear for me, I guess my imagination takes over! Unfortunately working 3rd shift, that seems to be the majority of my driving is at night. I will also not have my windows rolled down and I usually do not have them down during the day because I don't want to be talked to, or don't want to be heard while singing with my radio!
Before my husband and I lived together I would always hop when getting into bed. I can thank this fear to when I was little and there was a show called Rescue 911 ha. There was a story about a woman coming home to go to bed and a man was waiting underneath the bed. When she walked towards the bed he pulled her down. So I guess I thought if I avoid the last two or three steps to the bed no one would get me. Well like I said, this was before I got married, now our room is too small to even attempt a run jump to the bed, plus I get home around 6 am in the morning and my husband is already in our bed snoozing safe & sound!
Another fear thanks to the show Rescue 911, is the window blinds open at night. I am still very paranoid when it comes to any blinds being open at night where people could spy on you. I think it is probably a healthier fear though, because let's be real we do not want stranger to just see you walking around in your house or seeing any of your valuables.
If you do not remember the show, I will refresh your memory
My last fear that I can think of right now, is when I am getting home early in the morning, it is of course still dark. I always park my car and look around everywhere before I get out of my car. I feel like there is always someone watching me in my driveway. So I make a bee line for the front door with the key to the door already in hand so they won't get me in time. I have also planned an emergency plan. If someone where to grab me at my front porch I would ring the door bell as many times as possible to wake up my husband where he can come out and save the day!
I guess a lot of my fears come with the dark. I guess that isn't the greatest considering that is when I am at my most alert and awake!
Not only do I have weird/strange fears I also have a lot of quirks that maybe you do too, or I could just be alone here!
Numbers/Dates/ Birthdays Oh My!
I can remember dates like crazy. I mean seriously if a stranger came up to me and said my birthday is june 7th. I would probably remember that for the rest of my life. It is really weird. Acquaintances that I see off and on I may something like "your birthday is coming up" and they look at me and say "how did you know that?" And then I feel like a weirdo and usually respond with "I think I have autism or something that I can remember numbers like crazy"
I also like to play a game where I meet someone and try to guess what their birthday is. I don't know what I find so fun about it, but I really do. I believe in astrology to a certain extent, so I guess I try to guess what kind of sign they are then relate that to a month and try to pick a day! I know, I really have no life! If I were still single the corny pick up line "What's your sign?" May actually work! haha
To the Left to the Left
Another quirk of mine is I like everything to the left of me. What you may say! Like if I am with my husband and we sit in a movie theatre I like him to be on my left side. If he is on my right I cannot get comfortable and he will end up switching to be on the left of me. Maybe that is why I prefer him to drive because he is on the left side of me, mmm that and I really prefer not to drive! Another left side story: If I am holding a baby their head will always be resting on my left arm, it just does not feel comfortable the other way around. When I am holding a baby on my hip it is always my left hip. I feel like I don't really have a right hip or it doesn't pop out as much to hold a baby. And lastly my purse will always be on my left shoulder! The kicker of the story is I am a righty!
Eyes
The absolutely first thing that I will notice about a person is there eyes. I love pretty eyes! Ha but what I also noticed usually first is the color. Like for example, my next door neighbors have 2 year old twin boys. I noticed immediately that one had blue eyes and the other had brown. I commented on that to their mom, and she said that a lot of people do not notice that and still have a hard time telling them apart! I always end up looking like a crazy person that knows all these little details about a person without really knowing them! It's my gift and curse!
No comments:
Post a Comment