So what is this secret that I have been keeping for the past few days? I got a new job!! Ok before I tell you what it is let me explain how this came about and why I am doing what I am doing! For the past several months I have not been too happy at my job, without going into the dirty details and slandering the company I will leave that at that. I have been putting in job applications left and right. I have also been hoping to return to UPS as a belt admin. But unfortunately that job is on a freeze for hiring at the time. So where have I been applying? Daycares/Preschools. Now just for the record I KNOW I went to college and got a bachelors degree and if I applied myself I could do better. But to be honest I have never really wanted the career of a lifetime. I am looking forward to being a mom one day and being the best I can be. So for the mean time I love kids, I have experience with them, so why not go back and get paid for something I enjoy!
Last week was a whirlwind of emotions for me. Wednesday I had an interview with a Preschool who they wanted to give me the job, and the pay was not too bad. But the job entitled being a lead teacher for kids that were about to go to kindergarten. I am not a teacher, so that made me a little apprehensive. Leaving the interview a coworker from dispatch called me to inform me about an upcoming pool party for us dispatchers (or me being a former dispatcher) I told her about my work situation and how I regret leaving UPS so quickly and she said she would speak to the full timer to see if he would consider rehiring me. So for about 10 minutes my hopes were high! Then I called my mom...wah wah.. and she brought me back to reality. she reminded me of how I was miserable in dispatch (hence why I only stayed for 3 months) and if I was planning on getting pregnant it would not be the safest for me to be climbing in and out of trailers. So needless to say I was pretty down in the dumps all that night and following to the next morning. After talking to a coworker about it, I returned to my desk to see a voicemail from a christian daycare center that I had applied for a month ago. He asked me to come in for an interview that day if it was at all possible! So after the interview and thinking about it for a day I called him back and accepted the job offer. So my friends this girl will be a teacher assistant in the 3-4 year old class starting on July 25th!
I feel like this is exactly what I want, a full time, daytime job, being around children, and assisting the teacher not being the one responsible for the curriculum!
**Sidenote my old full timer said he would rehire me as long as I didn't quit after 3 months.. Smart Cookie.. I think I made the best choice!

Congrats on the new job! Will you get summers off?
ReplyDelete