So as of right now we are back to looking at houses on the market. There are 2 houses that we want to see that are in the hillview area. I am not that familar with the area so hopefully it is a decent part of town.
This past weekend was nice, we got our wedding bands thursday. I LOVE them. I will have to take pictures of them and post them. We did our foundation for marriage class ALL day saturday. It was a nice experience. It was pretty lengthy but I found some of the stuff they had to say pretty interesting. Such as couples who attend church weekly together have an 82% chance of staying together. Couples who attend church and pray daily together have a 99.3% chance of not divorcing. The topics they talked about was: sacrament of marriage, fertility, family origin, finance, & communication.
They gave us a Do's & Don'ts for a Successful Marriage.
1. Turn off the TV if your spouse wants to talk.
2. Plan time away and put it on the calendar
3. Say "I'm thinking of you" once in awhile with flowers, small gift, and phone call. Unexpected surprises at unexpected times.
4. Make your spouse your best friend.
5. When you screw up, ask for forgiveness- Say I'm sorry.
6. When times are difficult, remember why you got married in the first place.
7. Remember you are different.
8. Be lavish but honest in compliments.
9. Master the art of compromis.
10. Never tell secrets out of the home.
11. Learn to listen without criticizing.
12. Be willing to do the things your spouse wants you to do.
13. Never stop sharing: many partners keep to themselves, they do not tell their mates what bothers them, problems at work, school and so forth.
14. Never, never, never take your partner forgranted.
15. Don't always try to be right.
16. Never threaten to leave or divorce.
17. Don't expect your spouse to believe all the same principles you do.
18. Marriage is not a game to keep score.
19. Remember, praying together and sharing your faith, keeps God in your relationship and builds deep intimacy.
No comments:
Post a Comment