Sunday, March 27, 2011

Love Letters

So I bought a new book recently which I love. I may have a mild obession nowadays with our former President Reagan. I was too young to really remember him when he was President, but the older I get the more aware I am of politics, and the way things should be and the way they used to be. Not to make this a political blog, I just love how Reagan was so witty, and he was truly the great communicator, his conservative views, but what I also love about this man is that he was totally in love with his wife. I bought I Love You Ronnie, Letters of Ronald Reagan, and it just makes my heart smile to read these letters that he wrote to wife.

 It makes me think how special it is to keep the romance alive in your life. One of my favorite things about my Jake is how sensitive and sweet he is. He has written me several love notes over our four years together, and yes I have saved everyone of them. When we both worked at UPS, he would write me sweet/silly notes and hand them to me at the end of the night. This is one of my first notes he had written.



I think it is a wonderful way to look back at what you have been through together, kind of like a time capsule, a moment in time that you can relive over and over. Letters can are so timeless and classic, think about The Notebook and the letters Noah wrote..haha okay NERD ALERT..



 On our wedding day, part of my wedding gift was a sweet letter my Jake had wrote.


And because you are so curious about about what my wedding letter said... Or because I love my hubby and like to brag about how lucky I am...

Day,

  I know you love getting notes and I haven't given you one since UPS. Here's one more before we tie the knot and I can't think of a better time! I knew there was something special about you over three years ago when we met. I had no idea that I would be lucky enough to one day make you my wife. Marrying you and making it official infront of our family and friends will be an honor, a priviledge, and the proudest moment of my life. I cannot wait to give you my last name and spend the rest of my life with my soulmate. We have experienced a lot already but I'm looking forward to experiencing the rest of what life has to offer us as husband and wife. You complete me Dalyn, and with you by my side I know we can accomplish anything. I could not of asked for a more beautiful bride or for a better person to spend the rest of my life with. Thank you so much for all you do and for agreeing to take this journey through life with me. I love you so much, and more and more each day!

                                                                                    I love you Day Day,
                                                                                               Your Husband :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment