Monday, November 28, 2011

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

We are getting soooo close to Christmas! :) Over the weekend by myself, might I add, yours truly got the Christmas tree, lights and ornaments and did a little decorating while listening to the Christmas Classic station on Pandora. Nothing puts you more in the holiday spirit than listening to Bing Crosby singing about a white Christmas while stringing lights! 



As the years go by I have more of an appreciation for ornaments. They are little mementos of our past that we can look back on as the years past! Here are some of my favorites!


My first Christmas ornament! This is actually on my parents Christmas tree (of course they have to have a little piece of me on their tree) 


A few months ago when we went to Vegas I picked this ornament up in the gift shop. I regret that I did not do this for the other trips hubby and I have gone on! I think this is a special little keepsake that will remind of us of our getaway. 


Last Christmas was our first "married" Christmas and we received quite a few wedding ornaments! I love them! 


Molly's First ornament, her first Christmas was actually 2008, just took her a year to finally get an ornament on the tree!


My Marilyn Monroe ornament. I got this ornament last year, I have always had a fascination with MM. My freshman year in college I wrote a 15 page research paper on Marilyn. Whatever don't judge! I had to get her as an ornament for our tree!


And lastly, one of the most meaniful ornaments that I have is my late grandma's 12 day of Christmas ornaments. My grandma June passed away when I was 16. She lived with us the last 8 months of her life while battling lung cancer (never smoked a day in her life, how's that for irony). I treasure so many memories of her especially the 8 months she lived with us. She was soft spoken, kind, gentle, a dedicated catholic woman, who loved her children and grandchildren dearly. A wonderful role model! My mom gave me these ornaments last year, and this year while I hung them I thought of her and what are the odds I hung them on what would of been her 75th birthday!


So there you have it folks.. Hope everyone is getting in the Christmas spirit! It truly is the most wonderful time of the year! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment